A lawn is supposed to be enjoyed by you, your family, your neighbors, and anybody who happens to walk or drive by your property. A lush, green lawn that’s neatly mowed is a beautiful sight to behold! The right lawn care services provider can accomplish this for you, keeping grass blades cut to just the right height for a great look and the optimal health of your lawn.
Before you hire someone to take care of your lawn, be sure to ask the right questions. Doing your research beforehand will result in hiring the best company to help with your yardwork, along with the best-looking lawn possible. Here are five important questions to ask when contacting lawn care companies in Derry, Londonderry, Salem, Windham, Chester, or any of the surrounding communities here in NH.
What Do Your Lawn Care Services Include?
At the bare minimum, lawn mowing needs to be included in the regular lawn maintenance services provided by the company that you choose. In addition, be sure the provider will take care of the following:
- Neat, even appearance: Your newly mowed grass needs to have a neat appearance with an even height throughout the yard.
- Trimming: In addition to mowing the open expanses, your lawn care providers need to trim the grass growing around trees and posts or along fences. Skipping this step will leave an unkempt appearance.
- Edging: Similarly, all your lawn edges need to be cut; these areas can’t always be reached with a lawnmower and need extra attention using the right tools (typically edgers and clippers).
What’s more, you need to be satisfied with the length that your lawn mowing company cuts down to. If the grass is too long, then your yard will look overgrown again before you know it. If it’s too short, your lawn may actually suffer and develop dead, dry patches. An expert lawn maintenance company will know the ideal mowed grass length for different types of grass and for our NH region.
What Time Of Day Will You Be Arriving?
Every company schedules its appointments differently. What’s more, crews try to adhere to schedules, but occasionally they’ll run into jobs that are bigger than expected or the occasional technical issue with a piece of equipment, resulting in them running a little later than expected.
It may not matter to you when your lawn care technicians arrive to do their jobs, but if it does matter, be sure to ask this question. Here are some things to consider:
- Your Work Schedule: Do you work evenings or night shifts? If you do, you likely need to sleep in, maybe until noon (or later). You’ll probably need a company that can commit to working on your lawn only in the afternoons, never in the mornings.
- Your Pets: Do you need someone to be at home to bring pets inside when the lawn care services provider arrives? If so, you’ll need to work out a schedule that’s convenient for you and doable for the mowing company.
- When The Kids Are In School: If you have children, it might be most convenient for you and your family to have the lawn maintenance technicians arrive when they are in school, especially if they are young; ask the company if this is doable on their part.
- Seniors Living With You: Are you taking care of seniors in your home? You’ll want to inconvenience them as little as possible, so you may have to work around these loved ones’ routines (or your caregiving schedule).
These are just a few considerations to think about. If the time of day when crews will be arriving and working makes no difference to you, then feel free to skip this question. But consider your circumstances carefully beforehand and decide whether or not you’ll need to request schedule constraints to meet your (and your household’s) particular needs.
Do You Offer Free Estimates?
Don’t sign up with a company before you have a clear idea of how much this important service will cost. Know upfront what the charges will be, and what’s included for that price. Ask if there are any extra fees or charges for anything, such as filling in any holes in your lawn, mowing uneven areas, or trying to bring dead patches back to life.
Be sure to find out what’s included and what isn’t so that you don’t find unexpected surprises in your bill.
Any lawn care services provider that tries to charge you for giving you a quote is bad news! Don’t even consider them. Estimates and initial consultations should always be complimentary.
What If I’m Not Satisfied With The Work?
That’s an excellent question. What recourses do you have if you feel the edges aren’t neat enough, areas by fences haven’t been trimmed properly, or the lawn has been mowed unevenly, for example?
The company that you hire needs to be amenable to communicating with the clients they serve. Your lawn care services provider must listen to your preferences, complaints, and any feedback offered, and they must adapt. If they’re not willing to listen, find another company.
What If I Need Additional Services?
Lawn care is just one important aspect of yard care. You may need other services taken care of, such as these:
- Weeding: To get your lawn to a healthy state, you may need professionals to address the weeds growing in your yard, including crabgrass, pigweed, and dandelions. Your lawn care company should also be able to provide weed-control services.
- Plant Trimming: What about all the plants on your property? They will need to be trimmed periodically. You can choose to do this yourself, or you can have your lawn maintenance provider trim your shrubs, trees, and other plants for a beautiful, kempt appearance.
- Mulching: Are professional mulch layers integral to your lawn care provider’s team? You may need this service down the road so your plants can enjoy soil that’s maintained at the right moisture level through mulching material that’s as functional as it is beautiful.
- Fertilizing: For healthy grass, beautiful flowers, and stronger plants, your lawn and your flowering plants will need to be fertilized periodically.
- Flower Beds: Would you like to add areas of color to your yard? Choose a professional lawn care company that can also plant and maintain beautiful flower beds.
Contact Grass Gobblers Today!
If you are in NH located in or near Derry, Londonderry, Salem, Windham, Chester, or any of the neighboring communities, bring your questions to Grass Gobblers Lawn Care. We are dedicated to keeping lawns in the area green, healthy, and beautiful through our services. We’re also available for your landscaping needs, whether it’s planting and maintaining flower beds, trimming trees and shrubs, or doing any other yard work. For a free estimate, get in touch with us today!